Revealed: America’s Best Airports & Airlines
Flying somewhere on your next trip? Frequent travelers know that selecting the right airports and airlines can make all the difference in creating a positive travel experience. Two new studies have identified America’s best options to help make your next trip a breeze.
To determine the top U.S. airports for business travel, expense account app TravelBank analyzed data from sources including the Federal Aviation Administration, the Bureau of Transportation Statistics and J.D. Power. Its top five airports for 2018 are:
- Las Vegas McCarran International (LAS) is close to downtown and earned the study’s highest quality and service scores;
- Charlotte Douglas International (CLT) boasts impressive on-time arrival rates and creative traveler outreach programs;
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International (PHX) combines on-time performance with a wide array of airport dining options;
- Salt Lake City International (SLC) ranks highly for quality and service and is well-maintained, with a $3.6 billion renovation now underway;
- San Diego International (SAN) offers travel-friendly weather conditions, many options for conventions and tourism, and vibrant culture.
Personal finance website WalletHub identified 2018’s best airlines by comparing carriers in 13 categories ranging from cancellation and delay rates to baggage mishaps and in-flight comfort, considering costs in relation to in-flight amenities. Its winning airlines include:
- Best Airline Overall: Alaska Airlines, the carrier with a distinct West Coast vibe, opened its first reimagined Alaska Lounge at New York’s JFK airport this year;
- Cheapest Airline: Spirit Airlines is the top choice for flyers traveling on a budget;
- Most Reliable Airline: Delta Air Lines has the lowest rate of cancellations, delays, mishandled luggage and denied boarding;
- Most Comfortable Airline: JetBlue Airways offers free amenities such as Wi-Fi, extra legroom, and complimentary snacks;
- Least Complained-About Airline: Southwest Airlines had the industry’s lowest consumer-complaint rate in 2017.
Whichever airport or carrier you may choose for your next trip, the ground transportation professionals at GroundLink can make airport transfers easy. Using the GroundLink app, you can book and track a luxury car service ride with a professional driver who is pre-screened, properly licensed and fully insured. You’re guaranteed a consistent, reliable, high-quality ride, backed up by 24/7 customer service support – so your trip will be smooth both on the ground and in the air.
GroundLink’s website and mobile app enable customers to easily book and track a private ride with a professional, reliable, safe driver – anytime, anywhere. Learn about The GroundLink Difference, check our rates or call (888) 546-6715.