The Original Chauffeur Training
In order to excel in the livery industry, companies must provide the proper training to their drivers. This is essential due to the fact that their drivers are the liaison between their company and clients.
Tom Mazza, one of the most reputable leaders in the U.S livery industry, firmly believed that companies should not just sell transportation service, but offer the service of a four-star hotel to the back of a chauffeured vehicle. With that goal in mind, Tom created an authentic chauffeur training program that revolutionized the way drivers performed and viewed their job.
Here are some of the basic tips that Tom provides to drivers in order for them to deliver world-class service to clients!
Many clients are looking for immaculately dressed drivers:
- Clean, pressed black suit
- Crisp white shirt
- Black tie, or company tie, black shoes, black socks
- Should have a large black umbrella to assist clients in any kind of situation
Many clients are looking for professional and prepared drivers:
- Be prepared by having a clean vehicle (Gas is full, no trash in the trunk, a vacuumed floor, clean ashtrays, clean windows, and tires)
- Know the pick-up address and plan trip carefully, including where you will be parking ahead of time
- Ask dispatcher about landmarks or other important information
- Ask the client if they have a preferred route, listen to the client, do not argue with the client
- Arrive ten minutes earlier, do not rush the client