Top Long Island Wineries & Private Wine Tours from GroundLink
Is there a better way to welcome warm weather than by enjoying a winery tour with friends on Long Island’s North Fork? At GroundLink, we don’t think so. There’s nothing quite like a relaxing day spent with your favorite people, reveling in sunshine, tasting a variety of wine, and devouring a delicious lunch. Hence, our GroundLink Long Island wine country tours were created to offer you and your party a flexible and complete package of wine tastings, lunch, and chauffeured car service. Leave the driving, safety, and care to us, and you and your party can truly enjoy a full day of fun!
The maritime climate in and around Long Island has helped to create what is today the Long Island wine country. The first vines were planted in 1973 on 17 acres. Today, there are over 50 wine producers on Long Island, altogether producing over 500,000 cases of wine each year. The North Fork of Long Island wine country has an especially hospitable environment for the vineyards that are located there, and we have tailored our wine country tours and packages specifically for you and your party to explore and taste the many varieties available today. Bordeaux grapes grow especially well, and the resulting types of wines, including Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot, are full of depth and flavor.
GroundLink has created Long Island wine country tour packages that are flexible to suit your party’s tastes and interests (including area breweries and distilleries in addition to wineries). Each tour includes stops at three wineries (of your choosing from the list below) as well as flexibility in terms of pick up and drop off times and locations. A few of our favorite North Fork wineries include the following:
- Jamesport: A father and son collaboration since 1986, Jamesport Vineyards produces wines that are described as “an iron fist in a velvet glove” on sustainably farmed lands.
- Martha Clara: Recently purchased by a renowned Mexican wine-producing family, Martha Clara Vineyards began in the mid-1990s, with almost all of its wine made on property.
- Raphael’s: Inspired by Italian heritage and culture, Raphael’s is one of the few remaining vineyards to be harvested completely by hand in the U.S.
Our full list of participating wineries includes the following (please note, any additional surcharges and/or reservation fees and restrictions are noted and must be adhered to):
- Baiting Hallow Farms
- Bedell– $17 pp (No reservations accepted for any parties over 10)
- Bridge Lane– $5 pp
- Castello Di Borghese– $17 pp
- Corey Creek– $5 pp (No reservations accepted for any parties over 10)
- Crooked Ladder Brewing Company
- DiLiberto– $5 pp
- Duck Walk
- Greenport Brewery– $12 pp
- Harbes Family Farm
- Jamesport Brewery– $25 pp
- Jason’s– $12 pp
- Laurel Lake– $3 pp (No reservations accepted after 2pm, and no reservations on Sundays)
- Leib– $17 pp
- Long Ireland Beer Company
- Long Island Spirits– $3 pp
- Macari– $25 pp (No reservations accepted for any parties over 12)
- Martha Clara– $17 pp (No reservations accepted after 2 p.m.)
- Matebella– $17 pp
- McCalls– $5 pp (No reservations accepted for any parties over 12)
- Moustache Brewing Company
- Osprey’s Dominion (No reservations accepted for any parties over 14)
- Palmer– $22 pp
- Paumanok– $22 pp
- Pellegrini– $5 pp
- Raphael’s– $12 pp (Tastings are limited to inside rooms only, parties may then explore the grounds after)
- Riverhead Cider House– $3 pp (No reservations accepted after 1 p.m.)
- Roanoke– $12 pp
- Shinn Estate– $12 pp
- Sparkling Pointe– $17 pp (1-10 guests)/$22 pp (11-20 guests)
- The Old Field Vineyards– $5 pp (No reservations accepted for any parties over 10)
- Twin Stills Moonshine Distillery
It’s never good to drink on an empty stomach. GroundLink offers several choices in terms of lunch options, including both vegetarian and meat-based sandwiches (all of which come with a side of mesclun greens and chips), salads, or a cold buffet lunch (for parties of 12 or more, and at an additional surcharge; choices of three sandwiches, two salads, chips, and bottled water). Some of our favorites include the prosciutto sandwich and the grilled vegetable sandwich. We are also able to offer a gluten-free chicken salad. All of our buffet lunches come with the appropriate plasticware, plates, and napkins.
For larger parties (10-50), we are able to price out platters of appetizers, sandwiches, salads, and more to create a specific menu. Please note that all food orders must be placed at least 10 days prior to the date of the wine tour. Sandwich ingredients cannot be substituted. Special requests are taken but only for custom platters.
Book your private wine tour today.
GroundLink provides only transportation services and is not related in any way to the wineries. Neither GroundLink nor the GroundLink driver-partners are responsible for anything not strictly related to the ride and/or lost or misplaced personal belongings.